Get Advanced Asterisk Training from the Experts at Modulis
The Asterisk Advanced course is a five-day hands-on course which covers the knowledge and skills that an advanced Asterisk administrator should know to be effective at his or her job. It is a combination of both lectures and labs designed to give the students both the theory behind the concepts and the hands-on experience to effectively deploy Asterisk-based solutions.
Students will learn to create advanced dial plans and innovative telephony solutions by using the features of Asterisk. Along the way, students will get important insight into Voice over IP (VoIP) and how to design robust VoIP networks. Students will also explore connecting Asterisk to a variety of devices including analog phones and phone lines, digital phone lines, and connecting to VoIP providers.
About Our Asterisk Training Course
- Asterisk dialplan syntax and constructs including auto-attendants and simple IVR systems
- Effective use of Asterisk features such as call parking, audio conferencing, etc.
- Call monitoring and recording
- Theory of analog telephony and how to connect Asterisk to the PSTN
- Digital telephony using T1s and E1s
- VoIP fundamentals and fundamental network concepts
- SIP and IAX protocols
- Connecting Asterisk to a VoIP provider
- Configuring Asterisk to save call detail records
- Call queues and ACD with Asterisk
- Call routing using DUNDi
- Using the Asterisk Manager Interface to control Asterisk from an external program
- Connecting Asterisk to a relational database such as MySQL
- Troubleshooting your Asterisk system
- Speech recognition with Asterisk and LumenVox
…and much more!
The Asterisk Advanced course is a five-day course. Class will begin at 9:00 AM. The class will consist of a combination of lectures and lab exercises. Class typically runs until 5:00 PM, depending on circumstances in the classroom.
Class Materials & Cool Stuff
Each attendee will receive the following for the course:
- Digium TDM411B Analog Card (1 FXO port + 1 FXS port) OR Digium TE122P T1/E1/J1 card
- Digium TE122P T1/E1/J1 card
- VoIP Phone
- Training Courseware
- Asterisk Computer Laptop Backpack
- Asterisk T-shirt
- Mouse Pad
- Uniball Digium Pen
Participants need to be familiarized with the Linux environment. They should know how to use a text editor to modify configuration files. Ideally, they should know the general format/syntax of the Asterisk dialplan and the basic dialplan applications. General knowledge of VoIP protocols would be an asset but is not required.