January 17th, 2012 by The Modulis Team
Hosted PBX: Advantages and Price
A Hosted PBX is an IP telephony service where both the call platform and PBX features are hosted at the VoIP supplier data center(s). In this case, the Hosted PBX company is responsible for managing all of the PBX equipment and software involved in the hosted PBX service.
Using a Hosted PBX rather than a traditional telephony system presents a number of key advantages to businesses.
• Substantial cost savings: With a Hosted PBX solution, the telephone system is operated by your provider. Therefore, you do not need to make a large upfront investment by purchasing an office telephone system and there is no extra maintenance fees. The monthly price of a Hosted PBX starts at less than $80 per month. There is also usually a setup fee starting at around $1,300.
• Better presence and visibility: A Hosted PBX system allows you to get local telephone numbers in cities and countries where you are not physically located. This allows you to develop your virtual presence by opening a virtual office anywhere.
• Increased scalability: Traditional phone systems are not flexible. Scaling up would require the installation of new circuits as well as additional termination hardware at specific increments. With a hosted system, you can scale up and down easily and quickly depending on your business needs.
• Increased credibility: A hosted PBX can give businesses more credibility by presenting their clients with a professional sounding telephone solution. This is specially true for small businesses as professional and advanced features are generally very expensive when using a traditional telephone system.
• Quicker Setup: When compared to a traditional telephone system, a virtual PBX can be setup very easily and quickly.
• Increased geographical flexibility: One of the greatest advantages of Hosted PBX systems is that they allow employees to work from anywhere while keeping their office phone number and extension.